HOW DO SUNspots on the face go away?
WHAT ARE SUNSPOTS?
Sunspots, also known as melasma, is a skin condition characterized by the darkening of some areas of the skin in patches or spots that are darker than the original skin tone.
HOW DO SUNSPOTS OCCUR?
Sunspots occur when the amino acid called melanin, which gives our skin its color, is secreted more than it should be and manifests itself with brown spots on the skin.
There may be one or more reasons for the secretion of melanin pigment more than normal.
Reasons for excessive secretion of melanin pigment:
- Weakening of the skin barrier ( CLICK HERE to read our comprehensive blog post on the skin barrier)
- Excessive exposure to sunlight.
- Excessive secretion of estrogen from female hormones.
- Diseases that cause imbalance of female hormones. (For example: polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Some drugs that cause the skin to become thinner and vulnerable.
- Skin diseases. (For example, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea)
- Skin care and make-up products that weaken the skin barrier.
- Genetic predisposition.
HOW TO PREVENT SUNSPOTS?
If you think that your sunspots are caused by the use of various medications, illness or pregnancy, it would be best to contact your dermatologist.
If you think that your sunspots are caused by the weakening of your skin barrier, genetic predisposition or improper skin care habits, you can prevent the formation of spots by taking precautions.
To prevent sunspots:
- You should make a habit of using sunscreen with a protection factor of at least 30 every season you leave the house.
- No sunscreen provides 100 percent protection. To make the protection more effective, you also need to be physically protected from the sun. Wide-rimmed, UV-protected sunglasses, a hat to shade your face, and staying in the shade as much as possible will increase the protection of your sunscreen.
- You can increase the defense power of your skin by including skin care products that repair your skin barrier in your skin care routine.
- Switching to a diet containing high amounts of antioxidants (vegetables, fruits, spices and herbal teas) will eliminate the wearing processes of your skin.
- Inflammatory processes are thought to underlie the excessive secretion of melanin pigment. For this reason, make sure that your skin care products, food and lifestyle are balanced and not too tiring for the body. Remember that quality sleep, regular exercise and proper nutrition reduce inflammation in the body.
- The use of specially formulated skin care products for spots that reduce the secretion of melanin pigment, provide faster regeneration of the skin and repair the skin barrier can also prevent the formation of spots.
WHAT IS GOOD FOR SUNSPOTS?
Various active substances and methods that reduce the secretion of melanin pigment, prevent its passage to other cells and the skin surface, break down the melanin pigment and accelerate the regeneration processes of the skin are used in cosmetic stain treatments.
In addition to all these methods, spot treatment is a general skin problem that should be approached holistically. Trying to solve it with a single content will unfortunately not yield results in the long run.
The ingredients that are most used cosmetically in spot treatments are what they do:
- Vitamin A (Retinol): Increases the rate of skin regeneration
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid): Increases collagen synthesis.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA): Increases the rate of skin regeneration.
- Kojic Acid: Increases the rate of skin regeneration.
- Ferulic Acid: High antioxidant effect.
- Vitamin E: High antioxidant effect.
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3): Skin barrier repair.
- Licorice Root Extract: It prevents the passage of melanin pigment to other cells.
- Arbutin: Inhibits melanin synthesis.
- Various Essential Oils and Herbal Extracts: They can be used with their antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and cell regenerative properties.
WHAT IS THE BEST CREAM FOR SUNspots?
The cream that everyone should use for sunspots is sunscreen cream. Sunscreen cream must have a protection factor of at least 30 (spf). It is not correct to use sunscreen cream only in summer. Every day you will go out for all four seasons, a sunscreen with at least 30 factor should be used and renewed every 2-3 hours. Sunscreen with a protection factor of 30 and above prevents the formation of new skin spots. It also ensures that the color of existing stains does not become darker and the area does not become wider.
WHAT ARE THE BEST NATURAL SERUMS FOR SUNspots?
Skin care serums are targeted skin care products that are produced with special cosmetic actives, at higher concentrations, with intense active ingredients.
Creams cannot contain intense active ingredients due to their structure, whereas serums work more solution-oriented with intense active ingredients.
All of the active ingredients listed above are of natural origin. Natural serums offer permanent stain treatment by supporting the skin's own natural healing processes, without tiring the skin or making it addictive.
One of the biggest problems of aggressive stain treatments is that they cannot be permanent. Because aggressive methods damage the skin barrier. The damaged skin barrier creates stains again, which puts you in an inextricable vicious circle.
However, while natural serums work on blemishes, they also support the barrier function of the skin. Because natural ingredients can do many tasks at the same time. If you are in search of a natural serum, you can find a solution to your stain problem with serums or serums containing the above-mentioned ingredients.
CLICK HERE for our natural serum recommendation, which also contains skin barrier-supporting ingredients for your blemish problem!
Stain treatment is a process that needs to be handled in a multi-faceted manner. A single product may sometimes be insufficient. In this respect, your general skin care routine should be reviewed and chosen with great care, from your cleanser to your moisturizer.
With natural skin care routine sets specially created for blemishes, you can take your skin care holistically and achieve success in blemish treatment.
CLICK for our skin care set recommendation for blemished skin!
Skin blemishes are not unsolvable, the secret of achieving a healthy glowing skin with the right product and a little patience is the right knowledge about skin and skin care, with the right products, and stable skin care.
On behalf of the Evolvy team
Pharmacist Evrim Damar Guest